duplicate statuses under sprint - how can I merge?

Nikita Patel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 20, 2024

Hi, 

We are trying to clear up our sprint process but have noticed multiple status' with the same name. Does anyone know how i can merge these and what is causing this? 

statuses that are duplicating:

- DONE (3 dupes)

755 issues in 1, 187 in 1, 2 in 1, 1 in 1

- TO DO (1 dupe)

304 issues in 1, 13 in another

- IN REVIEW (2 dupe)

1 issue in 1, 0 in the other 

Thanks, image.png

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2024

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I suspect your board's filter includes a range of projects, some of which are team-managed.  You can duplicate status names in team-managed projects, so I think your multiple done/to-do/in-review are coming from the different projects.

0 votes
Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2024

There is a purple information bubble next to the 'Map statuses to columns' section. Can you let us know what that says?

In Data Center, it is not possible to create multiple statuses with the same name, so I'm not sure how this situation occurred (maybe Cloud behaves differently?)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2024

Cloud's team-managed projects allow you to create project-local status with the same name as global ones.

This is one of the reasons I tell people that team-managed projects are not yet useful for enterprise users.

Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2024

In my opinion, the ability to create different artifacts with the same name should not be allowed in the tool. Whether it's status, custom fields, or anything else, the amount of confusion will almost always greatly outweigh the "benefit" of having duplicate names.

But I guess Atlassian decided to leave that up to the admins. 

0 votes
Nikita Patel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 20, 2024

error

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events