It can do that if you mess up the import mappings. The question is what you actually want to end up with, and where your data currently is? For example, if you imported data into a field called "Penguin species" and that's duplicated "Penguin Species", do you now have all the data in one field or the other, or is it scattered across both?
It is Result after importing from Bugzilla, I have now 3 or more this same custom fields with others Projects. You can see that on the pictures. for exampel. (External issue ID ), I tried to use Runner script with option "Copy custom field values " but don't work. I can't do again import. I want only one ( External issue ID ) with Projects
Ok, there's a few steps here. First, establish the current problem and see if we've got the structures that can help us fix it. Your four fields are global in your screenshot, so that simplifies things, and your last comment clears up the goal Second, look at the scale of the problem. I'd use Jira to do this internally, but we do need to make a few tweaks * Rename your duplicate fields - we need to be able to tell them apart easily. I'd just add 1/2/3/4 to the end of their names * Run a simple search for each one - ** "External issue id 1" is not empty ** "External issue id 2" is not empty and so-on. Note down the numbers from each one Note, at this point, if any of the numbers returned are 0, you can simply delete the field. Third, plan how to fix it - can't really do this until we've got some idea of scale
Ok, don't use quick find, it's useful, but not for this. We need specifiec queries, entered exactly, Please go to Issues -> Search for issues -> New Search and then put it in "advanced" mode so you can enter the JQL text of each of your six searches. Then, run "External issue ID 1" is not empty "External issue ID 2" is not empty and so on. We're not interested in the result so much as thesummary where it says "found 54 issues" or whatever.
Ah, sorry, I didn't seem to get the "commented" email from your list. That's exactly what we needed. I'm afraid it is a bit of a pain, I was hoping the numbers would be small enough to fix manually, but there are no candidates for that, so we'll definitely have to do it the hard way. The way I've fixed this in the past is exactly what you suggest. I wrote a post-function that would read ALL of the fields, decide which one is the correct one for the current issue, copy the value into the field I wanted to keep, and blank it out of all the others. Applied it to several points in the workflows, and left it to run for a while so the users gradually cleaned up data on the active issues, and then later used "bulk edit" to push the issues through transitions to trigger it. I have a feeling you can write a script that would do the updates without needing a post-function, but I am not sure.
Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG