due dates don't show prominently on my company managed kanban board as compared to a team managed

Yash R February 25, 2022

Hi!

I've a team managed project and i have a company managed project boards (2 separate project and their respective boards). On both project boards, "due dates" are displayed. With team managed project board- its a default feature AND with the company managed project board, I'm using the card layout to display them. 

But, interesting i see some UI format differences. Like for example, "due dates" and for that matter the "story point estimate" on team-managed project ticket card is nicely bordered with a background color WHEREAS for card on my company-managed is poorly formatted .. like i see the details I want but its not outstanding and is more like an unformatted text field.  

I am attaching screenshots for both cards.. can anyone please help me figure out why there is a difference and how to fix this?
company managed card.pngteam managed card.png

Thanks in advance. 

2 answers

0 votes
Neil Hardy May 17, 2023

I also ran into this issue. Has there been a fix for this?

Anna Chilińska September 18, 2023

Hi,

Unfortunately, I see the same issue on the company-managed project. 

Due date on team-managed looks more professional... 

K.r.,

Anna

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2022

Hi @Yash R , welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Although I haven't reproduced it myself, I would say that there may be differences between company-managed project UI and team-managed project UI. 

The latter tends to be me more user friendly, although I personally would rarely recommend using team-managed projects as they are islands within your Jira site.

Yash R February 28, 2022

Thanks @Dave Mathijs - appreciate the insight. I also just realized, I can't add epics to the card layout view. And I have epics as an issue type in the project. Not sure what i'm missing here. 

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2023

Is the Parent field present on the edit issue screen of your base/standard issue type(s)?

Suggest an answer