does anybody know how to import Kayako data in JIRA?

Juliane Di Lascio October 6, 2013

We want to import Kayako data in JIRA. We can export in Kayako data, but only department-dependent or always one issue by one issue.

Does anybody has experience with Kayako data in JIRA?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2013

If it has an exporter of some kind, you could try JIRA Importers Plugin (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+from+Other+Issue+Trackers) which does CSV and JSON.

Deleted user June 26, 2019

We used help-desk-migration.com to migrate our old Kayako to Jira SD. No CSV/JSON headaches.

Like Dima Lazarchuk likes this
3 votes
kishore bandi January 23, 2018

Hello All,

Any solution found for above question? I too need that info, We have a plan to migrate all Kayako data to Jira, but it looks like to difficult on migration part. Can you please suggest me.

Pablo Aschieri June 24, 2019

Hi Kishore, did you find any useful information about this? Thanks

1 vote
Help Desk Migration December 25, 2017

The easiest way to migrate data from Zedensk to Jira is to use Help Desk Migration service. It doesn't require programming skill or scripts.

Also you can migrate Custom fields and other Objects.

0 votes
Dmitry Grankin January 31, 2017

Greetings to everyone,

We've developed a module which implements a seamless export of all of your existing Kayako tickets into Jira. The module's most useful features include:

• creating new issues in Jira from each Kayako ticket.
  • preserving ticket subjects and posts. Each Jira issue subject will correspond to the respective
  • Kayako ticket subject as well as all ticket posts will be added as Jira issue comments.
  • making sure all Kayako ticket attachments will be attached to Jira issues as Jira attachments.

For the time being all Kayako tickets get imported into one Jira project created beforehand.
The functionality of this module will grow and be improved / extended in the future Kayako to Jira migration

0 votes
Tito Valentin July 17, 2015

@Juliane Di Lascio, I know this is a bit old but wondering if you were able to figure this out. I am currently a Kayako user/admin and would like to import all of my tickets into Jira. Did the answer from @Timothy Chin work for you?

Thanks!

Juliane Di Lascio July 19, 2015

@Tito Valentin We never tried it with the proposal of Timothy. For us it was not a solution to import the tickets with CSV. We hoped to find anybody who imports the data directly, but this didn't happen anytime. So we didn't import our Kayako data in JIRA.

Alexana Wolf January 7, 2016

Hi @Tito Valentin - Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm looking into the CSV option now and trying to figure out the schema. Any help is appreciated!

Tito Valentin January 9, 2016

Hi, @Alexana Wolf, I never found a solution and the CSV option didn't show up pretty at all. Correcting the mismatches in Jira from how CSV imported was just as time consuming and just recreating the tickets. Sorry I can't share better news.

Alexana Wolf January 11, 2016

Thanks for letting me know @Tito Valentin. We have close to 40k tickets in Kayako, so hopefully we can figure out how to migrate that over using a CSV. I'll let you know if we figure it out!

Tito Valentin January 12, 2016

Yes, keep me informed. I'd like to make notes on this. I hope it works out. We def. didn't have that many tickets.

Tibor Szentmarjay January 25, 2016

With some basic engineering knowledge you could have a script written which would pull with the Kayako API all ticket date and you could call the JIRA API for each to open a new request. I suppose a company like Dewak would write it quickly. They know both systems.

Alexana Wolf January 25, 2016

Thanks @Tibor Szentmarjay. We are in the process of mapping the fields we want from Kayako to their corresponding field in Service Desk, and creating custom fields in Service Desk in order to map some of the Kayako fields. Hopefully we'll be able to figure out the SQL queries to grab all of the data from the Kayako back end and move it over into the JIRA tables...I'll keep Dewak in mind if we end up not being able to figure it out on our own. Thanks!

Julian Tang April 6, 2016

@Alexana Wolf did you end up getting all your data migrated into JIRA Sservice Desk from Kayako?

Thanks!

Alexana Wolf April 9, 2016

We are still looking into it...but no real movement on the migration yet.  

David Stinsman November 30, 2016

Hi Alexana (and others). My company is just now starting to look at doing this exact same process (moving from Kayako to JIRA Service Desk). Wondering if you have made any progress and/or if you have any tips/components to share. Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

Mary Connor January 19, 2017

I"m starting a POC to get us onto Service Desk, so I also need migration guidance and warnings. Thanks!

Suggest an answer