does adding more status steps to be visible in project in jira-config.properties affect other projects

Dawn Fama August 25, 2015

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2015

I'm afraid that's nonsense.  What do you mean by "status step", what visibility and why are you looking at jira-config when it's got nothing to do with status.

My best guess is that you want to see more transistions in your issue view, so you are tinkering with the workflow setting in the properties file.  Which is global of course, and affects everything.

Dawn Fama August 25, 2015

Not a very friendly customer support response.

I would like to see more steps in the project view issue screen.

I saw these steps and thought this would be a good option. 

1.Edit the <tt>jira-config.properties</tt> file in your JIRA Home Directory - if you don't have this file, you'll need to manually create it (see Advanced JIRA Configuration);

2.Add the following property in a new line, and change the X to the number of transition buttons required <ins>before</ins>the 'Workflow' button:

ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions = X

3.Save the updated <tt>jira-config.properties</tt> file;

4.Restart JIRA.

Please note that it is not possible to set this value to "0", as mentioned in this bug report: JRA-25264.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2015

It wasn't a very friendly question - it's a sentence as a title, with no explanation, and the language is totally unclear. Also, I'm not support. We're a community of end users. You have improved it, but there's still no such thing as "steps" in issue view, and you've now mentioned project, so I still don't know if you really do mean the issue view. The rest of your response does give it away though, because you've copied it from the docs. I seem to remember that the page there does warn you that the change you're making is global.

Suggest an answer