not sure if anyone has run into this, but in Jira we are seeing four question marks being displayed for a Traffic Light status (three within the color box and one to the right). The color box is displaying proper color, just seeing the question marks. I am assuming it is a data issue or we need to "re-index" or something of the like. Any ideas?
In addition to reviewing all Nic's suggestions, we tried rebooting Jira as well. The display issue from Traffic Light in the dashboard (fine in the ticket detail itself) still persists. I am going to close this question and open a ticket with Traffic Light, or the like, and proceed from there.
How are you generating the traffic-light status? It's not something Jira does natively (unless you're describing something I haven't quite recognised). Could you explain which plugin it is, or give a bit more detail if it's not a plugin?
went that direction too... no go. We have a Production version of Jira (where the problem lies), a QA version of Jira (all good there) and a Development version of Jira (all good there too), all instances have the same version.
I agree, sounds more like a plugin issue, but can't replicate it on the other systems so I am drawing a blank. Will keep digging along those lines.
Thanks Nic. With some further investigation the display issue has been isolated to the Dashboard view only (fine in an individual ticket). It is the Traffic Light plugin. It is like it's displaying the ??? for unknown characters, but what is odd is, again, it appears fine in the ticket itself, just funky in the Dashboard.
We tried removing the field from the Dashboard and reinserting and that did not work, we tried re-indexing (no go there too), and even building a new dashboard view with that field (that uses the Traffic Light plugin), but no fix there, still displays the question marks.
Very random, so I thought I would ask to see if anyone has run into it.
Ooh, now that tickles a memory - having the same plugin work differently in different systems doesn't happen often, but it can. I've seen it with something I wrote once - worked fine on all the decent operating systems, but failed when on Windows!
Worth looking at the differences between the systems, obviously, but I'd start by looking at things that might cause different rendering, as I've seen odd things happen when Java character settings are different. Look at the regions and languages java might be using (e.g. utf-8 - that's bitten me a few times)
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG