display parent issues in structure for matched JQL

Jayadev August 22, 2022

Hi Team,

I am trying to implement a requirement in Jira Structure to fetch EPIC issue entries where criteria matches at its feature level. 

Eg:

Epic1 - EPIC-01

Feature1 - Fix Version/s: value - ABC

Epic 2 - EPIC-02

Feature2 - Fix Version/s: - XYZ

EPIC3 - EPIC-03

Feature3 - Fix Version/s: ABC

Matching criteria: Fetch all EPIC record entries where it child feature is having Fix Version/s value as ABC.

Expected Outcome: 

EPIC1 issue entry

EPIC3 Issue entry

We are using Jira Prem. Please suggest how this can be achieved with Jira Structure.

Regards,

Umesh

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

Hi @Jayadev ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

How exactly are your epic and feature issues connected? Is it via Epic Link field? Thank you.

Jayadev August 23, 2022

@Hana Kučerová @Dima Kuzmin _ALM Works_ 

Linking between Feature and EPIC is done via Parent Link field:

The requirement is like below.
1. Find the list of Features where Fix Version/s: value is ABC
2. if point1 condition matches, display its EPIC and all child entries in the structure.

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Dima Kuzmin _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 23, 2022

@Jayadev in this case please check my previous response, the steps there should do the trick (you won't even need to add the second filter).

If however something doesn't work, please contact us at support@almworks.com or via customer portal support.almworks.com. You can ask for Dima (it is me) in your ticket description, and I will look into it personally :)

Kind regards,
Dmitrii Kuzmin
ALM Works

Like # people like this
3 votes
Dima Kuzmin _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 23, 2022

Hi @Jayadev ,

Dmitrii with ALM Works here.

@Hana Kučerová  asked a very good question. I managed to come up with a solution no matter which link is used, but, if you like, you can reach out to us at support@almworks.com or via customer portal support.almworks.com, so we could take a closer look at your setup.

First add this Formula column:

if type="feature" and fixversion="ABC": 1

Next add a filter generator by clicking "+" icon next to "Automation" - Filter - Attribute. Select your formula, "Operator" should be set to "is true", "Filter on level" - "All levels".

At this point only epics and their matching sub-issues should be displayed. If only epics should be kept, another filter needs to be added. Its JQL should be type!="feature", "Filter on level" - "All levels".

The order of the generators should be the same as in my screenshot. Of course the insert generator's query and your extend generator may differ from mine. To move a generator just drag it by the left edge (where the dots are displayed when you hover your mouse over a generator )up/down.

Screenshot 2022-08-23 at 11.33.11.png

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Dmitrii Kuzmin
ALM Works

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin