display a field based on another field

Prakash Babu Jasthy November 15, 2015

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Bajrak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2015

Hi,

Have you tried to use Dynamic Forms. This plugin contains custom fields like Dynamic Select, Dynamic Radiobutton, Dynamic Checkboxes, Dynamic Multiselect.

You can find documentation here: https://intenso.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DF/Dynamic%20Forms%20Home

I hope I've helped you.

Best Regards,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2015

Oops, sorry, my second line should have been "Find or write your own code...". This is an example of a "find something to do it for you"

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2015

You'll need to

• Use a cascading select field
  • Write your own code to provide a field that looks at other fields
  • Write some javascript to link the two fields (strongly not recommended, it's horrid to get right and worse to support)
  • Use something like the Behaviours functions of the Script runner to insert code that does the work

Suggest an answer