disable User invite functionality

Anuradha Yadav March 22, 2021

Hi Team,

I have opted the below option shown in image below:

image.png

Does this stop the existing user to invite other users? 

Regards,

Anuradha

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2021

Yes it stops.!
except for an admin.
have a quick reading --> https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/specify-how-users-get-site-access/

It is better to provide access for specific domains based on your company vendor management companies or associate companies.

else the next safe option is -- admin approves each request.

Anuradha Yadav March 29, 2021

hi @Sudarshan ,

It unfortunately it did not stop :(

Please help.

Regards,

Anu

1 vote
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2021

Hi @Anuradha Yadav ,

Today if you disable auto-approvals, signup requests, and invitations, a user on your site could still trigger a request to a Site Administrator to request that someone external be added to the site. I believe you're trying to stop current users from being able to invite others to the site, and stopping the email that goes to administrators entirely. Is that right?

We do have some current work in progress around the invitation feature. You can view the details on our public Jira instance here: ID-6682 . One of the specific items noted in this issue is that for compliance reasons, some companies may need to disable invitations entirely.

I hope that helps clarify things a bit, and keep an eye on the Jira issue for updates when the functionality changes.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

carlos_marin - ENTELGY -
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2022

Hi @Daniel Eads 

do you have any ETA for the functionality to disable invitations entirely in the instance?

Thanks,

Like Ben Calder likes this
Doug Levitt October 27, 2023

The "Invitation" feature represents a security breach for at least one of my clients.  As it allows anyone to be invited and an unwitting administrator to approve the request.

I sense that Atlassian developed this feature, to pump up the license count.  It's really a security hole.

Like # people like this
0 votes
carlos_marin - ENTELGY -
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2022

Despite that configuration, any current user in your instance can send an invitation to other users (even externals) and an admin should review and approve/reject.

Currenty is not possible disable completely the invitations. It was reported as a bug some time ago but Atlassian considered as a "functionality":  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-6734

Best regards,

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events