Chris Black May 26, 2023

failing to import date from csv file dd/MM/yyyy

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Laura De Vita May 26, 2023

Hi @Chris Black ,

can verify that the csv file is in utf8 and for the specific date the date format used in your CSV file using syntax that complies with the Java SimpleDateFormat depending on how the format is in the date field you are importing.

More information is present here :

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/

I hope I have helped you.

Best Regrds,

Laura

Chris Black May 26, 2023

sorry, i'd hit enter on the issue before i'd fully populated the issue!

however thanks for the speedy response

It's now working and tbh, not sure why it stopped or why it's working again, however I have book marked that link, many thanks.

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2023

Hi Chris,

Can you provide some more feedback? What is the exact error? When do you get the error? 

Chris Black May 26, 2023

sorry, i'd hit enter on the issue before i'd fully populated the issue!

however thanks for the speedy response

It's now working and tbh, not sure why it stopped or why it's working again, however I have book marked that link, many thanks.

I was importing data from our SNOW instance after pulling the data down via a REST_API in excel. 

I'm using big picture to display it and all of a sudden the dates were causing the bulk importer to throw a wobble.

I hadn't touched the power query, but I had to flip the date format back and forth in excel to get the bulk importer to recognise the dd/MM/yyyy format again.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2023

Great! Glad it is working again for you. 

Like Chris Black likes this

Suggest an answer