customize time tracking report to display assignee in line items

David Malmquist November 8, 2011

I want to have assignee display in the time tracking report and have found where to make the changes

HOME/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/plugins/jira/reports/time-tracking-issue.vm

but I cannot find anything about the appropriate variable to use to actually display the assignee

I have tried using variables from the workload report and other places as well but so far no luck

Thanks for any help

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2011

Try ${issue.assignee.name}. If you want full name, try ${issue.assignee.fullName} or ${issue.assignee.displayName} depending on the JIRA version.

David Malmquist November 8, 2011

Thank you very much for the suggestion, I am running 4.3.4 and so far this worked great! I am trying out the fullName today and actually went with something like this to capture if it is unassigned

#if ($issue.assignee)

$issue.assignee.fullName

#else

<em>$i18n.getText("common.concepts.unassigned")</em>

#end

Thank you again, I will update to confirm this worked out

David Malmquist November 10, 2011

The if statement I used did not quite work as expected but the $issue.assignee.fullName is working great, thank you again for your help with this

I grabbed the if statement from the plugins/issueviews/single-word.vm page so not quite sure why its not working in the plugins/reports/time-tracking-issue.vm, if you have any ideas on that one it is much appreciated

Again thank you for your help

David Malmquist November 30, 2011

so the $issue.assignee.fullName worked great on the atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/plugins/jira/macros.vm but does not work on the ../reports/time-tracking-issue.vm page

if you have any other suggestions it is greatly appreciated

0 votes
Sergey Sheypak February 10, 2019

is it possible in cloud version?

Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 10, 2019

What kind of report do you need exactly? 

It might be available in Clockwork Automated Timesheets already or we might want to add it.

Thanks,
Jack

Hi Jack,

To install this app, you need to be the administrator of an Atlassian Cloud site. Unfortunately, we had a little trouble figuring out which site you are using.
If you are already using Atlassian Cloud, you can email your site admin and ask them to install this app for you.

appears when I try to install  Clockwork Automated Timesheets

I have no idea why this brilliant software has hard times figuring out what logged user can manage... 

We ran into a little trouble

It might just be a hiccup. Try again in a bit.

Why I try to install it from Jira Admin interface. Billing works well in Jira Cloud are there any other functions that work as well as billing?

Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 10, 2019

Hello @Sergey Sheypak,

Clockwork is a free app at the moment so you won't be charged for using it. 

If it is installed successfully, you can visit any Jira issue and see the Clockwork panel that helps to track time and watch the progress.

You can also visit the Clockwork project page that shows the summary in the form of the timesheet. 

I wonder if the above timesheet is what you are looking for or maybe you need something more? 

Cheers,
Jack

Sergey Sheypak February 11, 2019

It looks amazing, I would like to give a try to it.

Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
February 11, 2019

Perfect. Give it a try then and share your requirements and comments.

Clockwork is under active development and every new idea can get in making it even better.

Cheers,
Jack

0 votes
mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2013

Hi David,

It won't help with the reports built in to JIRA, but you can export reports to Word format with the Intelligent Reports plugin. You can design your template in Word, and fill in the data with point and click rules, so there is no need to learn any APIs to get the information you need into your reports.

Suggest an answer