customize field

נטע צויג
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 13, 2022

I created a customized field of the type selected list. how do i add it to be a field in my epic  ?

2 answers

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

Hi @נטע צויג,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

To add a custom field to an issue type you have to associated the field with the screen used by the issue type. From the custom fields list, select the three dot menu and Associate to Screen, then select the screen you want it to be on. See Add a custom field to a screen for more information.

0 votes
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

Hello! Welcome to the community.

To add the field to your epic, you would first need to find the screen that is used by the epic within a particular project. What I would do is go to your project, select "Project Settings", then select "Screens". Here's an example of what that would look like:

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 12.17.41 PM.png

Find the screen that your Epic is using, select it, then add your new customized field there. 

A couple of minor things to note in case this doesn't do it:

• This approach works for a company-managed project. If you are doing this in a team-managed project, you'll need to look in the project itself.
  • If, after adding the field to the screen, you don't see it appear on the Epic, check the field contexts in the field settings. Fields can be set up to only be available for certain projects and/or issue types. A restriction there might prevent your field from appearing where you need it to be.

Hope this helps

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events