Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

customize calculation with "project automation"

Hi team,

when customer field A and B update( both of them update or one of them update), then field C = (A +B) *30*9.4646. I tried with below formula:

({{issue. A}} + {{issue.B}}) *30*9.4646, but seems the formula doesn't work. could you help check if anything wrong with my formula?

2 answers

hi team,

field C= (A+B) * 30 *9.4646, please help check how to calculate total count of A&B, and then * 30* 9.4646. thanks.

Gaurav Community Leader Jun 17, 2022

Hello @oda mao 

Please use th below formula:

{{#=}}({{issue.Custom_Numeric_A|0}} + {{issue.Custom_Numeric_B|0}}) * 30 * 9.4646{{/}}

0 votes

Hello @oda mao 

For the calculation, the automation requires a specific format. Please use the below format, which works fine.

{{#=}}{{issue.Custom_Numeric_A}} * {{issue.Custom_Numeric_B}} * 30 * 9.4646{{/}}

Also, how to handle the scenario if either field A or B is empty (shows None), the rule will fail in that case. To handle this, we can default the values to 1; which can be performed as:

{{#=}}{{issue.Custom_Numeric_A|1}} * {{issue.Custom_Numeric_B|1}} * 30 * 9.4646{{/}}

Here, if either field A or B is empty, it will be considered as 1 and the value for C will be calculated. This can be updated as per your requirements.

Let me know if this helps resolve the issue.

Regards

--GG

To Add the custom filed prior to multiplication use:

{{#=}}({{issue.Custom_Numeric_A|0}} + {{issue.Custom_Numeric_B|0}}) * 30 * 9.4646{{/}}

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you