custom field- count lenght in jira

I want to add a field in JIRA which need to be numeric only and that it should have perfect count of 7. That field shouldnt contain more than 7 or less than 7.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Most likely some reference to an external system... ?

You can use a regular expression validator, you can do this with Script Runner or there are plugins that offer this in a more targeted way.

Thanks Jamie for your suggestion. Can i accomplish this by using a validator in workflow? if yes which validator condtion could help me to achive this?

This widget could not be displayed.

Why would you want all your issues to contain a field which is always equal to "7" ? What are you actually trying to do with that field ?

If you're sure that's what you need - then make the field default value to be 7 and then make it read only through the appropriate Field Configuration Scheme.

Thanks for looking into this issue. This is a filed where user enter a code for one of our application. the code is limited to 7 digit however due to typo they some time enter it 6 digits or 8 digits and then we need to verify the code with the users again. so if i have filed which validates it during the ticket creation will solve my purpose.

Oh you ment length of the digits :). I thougth you just want the number 7 :). Then look at what Jamie suggested

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

61 views 2 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you