Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

created date and assigned query

Hi, 

I need some help creating a JIRA query, and I'm not sure if it can even be done. 

I need to understand the volume of tickets created within the previous month that are, or have been at some point in time,  assigned to one of two queues for which I am responsible. 

Whilst I can easily write a query for tickets created in the month, it only picks up those that are currently in my queue, not tickets that HAVE been in my queue, but since moved to another. 

I would like to be able to identify how many unique tickets we have received within the given month, in order to identify increasing or decreasing trends. 

Is this possible? cheers in advance for any help you can offer. 

2 answers

sorry, i should add that by queue, i mean assigned group... 

0 votes
Jack Community Leader May 04, 2021

Well I need to know a little bit more about your queues but let’s assume that issues in your queue equate to issues that have you as the assignee then you could consider adding the following to you date query

and assignee was currentuser 

Thanks for reply Jack,

The issues are not assigned to me specifically, but could be assigned to one of a number of consultants that work within each queue / assignment group.

So for example, queue / assignment group 1, might have consultants A, B & C, whilst queue / assignment group 2 has consultants D, E & F. Any of these could pick the ticket from the queue and assign to themselves. 

Also, if possible, i would like to be able to see what tickets hit our assignment group, even if they did not get assigned a consultant within the group, For example, a misdirected ticket we immediately pass back to another assignment group. Even though we have not logged time against this issue, it has still needed a touch from our team and should be in our tickets recieved count. 

So maybe instead of saying current user you could use - assignee was in (A,B,C)

now the tricky part would be if you didn’t get it assigned to anyone. So thinking about this more, to be able to do this I think you’re going to have to use some custom field that could be used to signify the queue. There may be another way I just can’t say for sure. The point is you need to be able to definitively identify the queue and the fact that issue ever hit that Queue. 

thanks, but i cant work out how to query assignee was in "assignee group"?

i can live without the unassigned tickets being picked up, but i do need any tickets created in a month that were assigned to the group at any point...

So, for example..  i have this query...

project = ITSD AND "Appointed Team[Dropdown]" in ("QUEUE1", "QUEUE2") AND created >= 2021-04-01 AND created <= 2021-04-30 ORDER BY created DESC

where queue1 and queue2 are the assignment queues for which i am responsible.. 

this query only shows tickets CURRENTLY assigned that were created in April

I need it to show all tickets ever assigned to my queue, even if no longer so, that were created in April

I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself very clearly...

Yeah you can’t use group. He would have to use “was in (A,B,C)” listing the users. 

OK, so im going about it wrong. 

Im struggling to work out how to include the "was in" query though,... how do i write that, and where in the string?

thanks for you time by the way. i do appreciate you taking the time to respond to me!

Jack Community Leader May 05, 2021

Can you please provide the string that you are using right now maybe I can edit it for you. 

i currently have this string...

project = ITSD AND "Appointed Team[Dropdown]" in ("QUEUE1", "QUEUE2") AND created >= 2021-04-01 AND created <= 2021-04-30 ORDER BY created DESC

queue 1 & 2 are assignment groups that have multiple consultants assigned to them, 

this query only shows tickets created in April that are CURRENTLY assigned to the groups , whereas I need it to show all tickets ever assigned to my queue, even if no longer so, 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you