create a jira sprint overview with completed story points

Alla Becher September 21, 2022

Hello, everyone, I'm a little desperate. I need to create an overview in Jira of the past and current sprints and the planned and actually completed story points. There are several teams that should also be listed individually and also a sum of the story points from all teams. Is there a possibility? I'm still a complete novice at Jira.

This is also an example of what it could look like: https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/50009-sprint-gantt-chart

I need the whole thing to be automated so that the numbers are renewed.

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Bo Huttinger September 26, 2023

Sprint Health Gadget is the closest 'out of the box' solution. However it is set to current, or next sprint. If set to a specific sprint, if you come back to that page in a few months, it will still be set to that sprint, which can give you are historical view the hard way.

However if you are comfortable with the console in your browser, you can 'hack' this widget.

• Add the Sprint Health Gadget to your Dashboard.
  • set your filter (created separately)
  • select current sprint initially
  • control or right click on the drop down menu
  • set the label to the relevant sprint title
  • set the value to the sprint id (not the number)
  • save and take a break. go for a walk!

You should now see the stats for your specific sprint

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 11.00.26 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-09-26 at 11.01.58 AM.png

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2022

Hi @Alla Becher -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I do not believe there is anything built into Jira to do all that out-of-the-box.  The closest thing for a single project's scrum board is the Sprint Report.

You may want to investigate marketplace addon gadgets for dashboards to help show information in the format you requested.

Next, what problem are you trying to solve by summing story points across different teams?  That information may not make any sense as different teams usually have different units-of-measure and meaning for story point values.  And comparing such values can have unintended consequences, such as supporting teams differently.

Kind regards,
Bill

Alla Becher September 27, 2022

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your answer.

The summation of the StoryPoints should mainly happen over different sprints. The employer also wants all teams to be there so that you have an overview of everything and don't have to use filters every time or check the status of each team.

Kind regards,

Alla

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2022

Understood: they want to see all teams listed with data, not to add the story points across the teams.

I suggest sketching out what this might look like, and what questions you want to answer with the overview.  And then look at the marketplace to learn what might help.

Suggest an answer