copy select list multiple choice to components

Priyanka khare December 8, 2020

Hello Team,

I have a custom field(select list, multiple choice) on my create screen and I want that while creating the issue in JIRA when user selects the options from this field it should be copied to the components of this project which should be visible on the view screen, How can this be achieved?

Regards

Priyanka

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2020

there isn't enough info to give you a full (?) answer but here are my thoughts...

Trigger: issue created

Conditions: whatever meets your needs to zero in on the need to take action

Action: you if/else blocks and inspect the values in the multi-select and set the components accordingly

One question I have is why do you need to update the Components field based upon this custom field? The reason I ask is that depending on your requirements it might be easier to achieve them w/o copying the values but rather simply leveraging the custom field directly. Just a thought to ponder.

Priyanka khare December 8, 2020

Hello @Jack Brickey 

We need to copy the custom field value to the components because the external users will not be sure of what components is but they know the custom field, so we will copy the value from that field and paste to components and we will remove the custom field from view screen and just have components.

Can you please brief me more on this point-t rather simply leveraging the custom field directly. Just a thought to pond?

I

Suggest an answer