configuring what screen appears when clicking create issutype

Magnus Jensen September 25, 2012

Hi,

I have created my own workflow and in the initial step I want a custom screen to appear. The custom screen is a screen containg just one field, namly a custom field I have created. But when I define mye workflow like this:

My question is simply is it possible to edit what screen appears when cliking Create -> MyNewIssueType? Or is this not possible?

Going into the the initital step I can see this:

Transition: Create

This is the initial transition in the workflow.

Transition View: None - initial transition does not have a view.

And clicking Edit I get this below, but here I cannot define my custom screen.

Update Workflow Transition

This page allows you to update the Create transition.

Transition Name <input type="text" name="transitionName" value="Create" size="30"/>
Description <input class="textfield" type="text" name="description"/>

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2012

As we've told you before, you tell jira which SCREEN to use for CREATE by using the screen scheme.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2012

Ah, I see one of your duplicates has been answered.

And that was it, now I get different screens for mycustomissutype and default jira issues.

But the problem then becomes that when I want to create a bug (default issuetype) I get the screen for my default screen and not the normal default screen.

How can I solve this?

I have a custom field, a custom issutype, custom workflow and custom schemes, and what I want to get is a custom screen to appear when I create an issuttype of my custom type and I want that issuetype to follow the custom workflow, without destoying for the default issuetype i.e. bug behavior.

Cheers,

Magnus

Maybe this is the way to solve it:

Used for all unmapped issue types.

Default Screen Scheme

· Edit

My Custom Issuetype

My Custom Screen Scheme

· Edit

· Delete

Sub-task

Default Screen Scheme

· Edit

· Delete

Bug

Default Screen Scheme

· Edit

· Delete

New Feature

Default Screen Scheme

· Edit

· Delete

Task

Default Screen Scheme

· Edit

· Delete

Improvement

Default Screen Scheme

· Edit

· Delete

BTW: this is the administration module under:

Configure Issue Type Screen Scheme: Default Issue Type Screen Scheme

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2012

Argh. Set up a screen scheme, as we keep telling you.

To keep it really simple, do this

1. Create a new screen called something like bugcreates, and add two fields to it - summary and your custom field
  2. Create a new screen scheme, called say bugss
  3. Add a line to the new screen scheme, saying CREATE = bugcreates, leave the rest as default
  4. Create a new "issue type screen scheme", setting it to use the default screen scheme for everything, but add a line that says "for issue type Bug, use the screen scheme bugss"
  5. Go into the project and change the "issue type screen scheme" to your new one.

That will give you a different set of fields when you create a bug.

You can do similar things with the workflows, field configs and so-on - they ALL depend on the project and issuetype you choose.

Suggest an answer