I have a drop-down on form which has items like
I want to compare if user selected LAPTOP or DESKTOP or any specific option while in workflow to decode the approving person , how can i compare this in workflow. kindly help
thank you for reaching out.
I understand that you would like to add the approver for your issues based on the value selected in your drop-down field.
To achieve it using JIRA, you will need to create a single transition for each approver you want to configure and use the Value Field Condition to define which Transition should be allowed based on the value selected for your Drop-down. These are the specific steps:
- Navigate to project settings > Workflows > Click to edit your workflow
- Create a single transition for each approver from the status where the approval must be performed
- Configure each transition you created with the Field Value condition, selecting the drop-down field and the value you should add to it in order to allow the transition to be performed
- Add the Block transition until approval Condition to the transitions, selecting the respective approvers for each value of the drop-down field you configured in the Field Value condition
- Publish your workflow draft
Performing the steps above, you will only be able to progress in the workflow if the approver for the available transition (Defined by the Drop-down) set it as approved.
Let me know if it works for you.
Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud: Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events