comparing values from DROP-DOWN

Ankit Sharma September 10, 2019

I have a drop-down on form which has items like 

1. laptop
  2. desktop
  3. phones
  4. office stuff

I want to compare if user selected LAPTOP or DESKTOP or any specific option while in workflow to decode the approving person , how can i compare this in workflow. kindly help

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2019

Hello Ankit,

thank you for reaching out.

I understand that you would like to add the approver for your issues based on the value selected in your drop-down field.

To achieve it using JIRA, you will need to create a single transition for each approver you want to configure and use the Value Field Condition to define which Transition should be allowed based on the value selected for your Drop-down. These are the specific steps:

- Navigate to project settings > Workflows > Click to edit your workflow

- Create a single transition for each approver from the status where the approval must be performed

- Configure each transition you created with the Field Value condition, selecting the drop-down field and the value you should add to it in order to allow the transition to be performed

- Add the Block transition until approval Condition to the transitions, selecting the respective approvers for each value of the drop-down field you configured in the Field Value condition

- Publish your workflow draft

Performing the steps above, you will only be able to progress in the workflow if the approver for the available transition (Defined by the Drop-down) set it as approved.

Let me know if it works for you.

Suggest an answer