command line for import server certificate

Michael Baguio February 20, 2021

I'm not able to run the command line on the instructions for Import the server certificate.  Our Jira directory path is different from the document.  However, i'm trying to change the following command line but not able to run and configure the keystore.  I'm following the document called, "Configure an SSL connection to Active Directory.  I am on Step#3, import the server cert. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-an-ssl-connection-to-active-directory-938847053.html

1. Our Jira directory for windows looks like this:  C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\jre\lib\security

However, according to the directions its looking here:  C:\Program files\Java\jdkl.5.0_12

2. It instructs to run the following command:  keytool -importcert -keystore .\jre\lib\security\cacerts -file server-cert

What i'm trying change and run:  keytool -importcert -keystore .\jre\lib\security\cacerts -file certnew.cer

Please see attachments...please recommend what command i should be using.  Jira_Command Line_import Server cert.pngJira_Import the server certficate.png

1 answer

Michael Baguio February 22, 2021

I'm still unable to run the keytool.  Attached is the latest command-line i've entered but get the following error. Jira_Keytool_Error.png

Michael Baguio February 23, 2021

I have looked at the suggested links you have provided with no help.  Is there anyway I we can do? a webex/shared session?  It would be much faster and sufficient with supporting this app? 

If not, is there anyone i can talk to upper management??

Sally Makhlouf April 27, 2023

You need to be in the bin directory to access the keytools.

Suggest an answer