com.sun.jersey.api.client.UniformInterfaceException: Client response status: 301

Parvesh Kumar May 7, 2013

I am getting this error when trying to connect to JIRA server running local on my PC.

Jira server url: http://localhost:8080, I am just getting started to run jira and integrate within eclipse.

Any idea ?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

Hi Parvesh,

The 301 error you're getting suggests that the connection is facing one of the following problems:

• Obtain an IP address from the IP name of the site (the site URL without the leading 'http://'). This lookup (conversion of IP name to IP address) is provided by domain name servers (DNSs).
  • Open an IP socket connection to that IP address.
  • Write an HTTP data stream through that socket.
  • Receive an HTTP data stream back from the Web server in response. This data stream contains status codes whose values are determined by the HTTP protocol. Parse this data stream for status codes and other useful information.

So, can I ask you to try connecting to your JIRA instance using the IP address of the server rather than localhost as I believe this will probably workaround the problem you are experincing.

All the best,
John

Thanks worked for me!!

Thanks worked for me!!

0 votes
Nathan Johnson May 13, 2013

Hi

Sorry to piggy back on this thread, but I get the same error on a connection which has previously been working, using the URL of a remote JIRA instance.

I have not changed my settings, it just went away and will not longer sync. The odd thing is, if I select the 'view in browser' option, I am show the correct filter results within the exlipse browser window.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Nathan

Nathan Johnson May 13, 2013

Dang, that should have been a comment too. I double points there.

Suggest an answer