cascading fields access with sil validation scripts

Jay Keck March 8, 2022

I'm running data center and am trying using a sil script in a workflow validation r=to access the 2 fields in a cascading custom field that I have.

If my custom cascading field is customfield_1, i set things up like this since I read that it should create an array of strings

string [] x = getInput("customfield_1");

but when I reference the elements of array x using arrayGetElement(x,0);  I'm getting this string {null=test, 1=testc}, where test is the high level field and testc is the 2nd tier field of the cascading, and array element 1 is empty. I was hoping to have element 0 contain test and element 1 contain testc. Am I doing something wrong, and what's the best way to be able to get to the 2nd tier field so I can do comparisons on it?

I'm also seeing that if I initially don't have a 2nd tier field select when my transition screen comes up and I add a value in the transition screen that getInput isn't recognizing that change, it still says my array size is 1 vs the 2 it should be. but if I go into the transition screen with both cascade fields selected then the array size does show as 2. Not sure what's going on there, I thought the getInput was a fix for the problem of not getting the input entered in the transition screen.

Thanks,

Jay

2 answers

1 vote
Neel Mohapatra _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2024

HI @Jay Keck @Vijaya Pazhamalai ,

I could see the cascading field working on my side as expected.
Can you please raise a support ticket with so we can work with you to find the issue you are facing? https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/43318/power-scripts-jira-workflow-automation?tab=support&hosting=datacenter

here I am sharing the screen capture showing the value that the getInput captures.

Screenshot 2024-05-10 at 7.50.57 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-10 at 7.51.22 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-10 at 7.51.35 PM.png

0 votes
Vijaya Pazhamalai
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 10, 2024

Hi @Jay Keck 

I am facing this issue right now. Could you please tell me if you were able to get this fixed?

Thanks,

Vijaya P

Suggest an answer