cannot create issues from email when 'create users' checked

David Smith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 12, 2018

I am trying to configure Jira (cloud) to create issues from emails received by the Default Cloud Mail Server. I have added an incoming mail handler and can get it to work if I specify a default reporter. If I ask Jira to create users on the fly using the 'from' address no issues (nor users) are created. Issues submitted by users with existing accounts will be created however. It appears that there is something going on with the creation of users that is preventing the creation of cases. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Syauqi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2018

Hi David,

Thanks for letting us know on this issue, I've been able to reproduce this on our test instance and raised a new bug report:  JRACLOUD-70793.

While we'd love to say this will be fixed soon, we're unable to give an estimate for fix as our bug fix team need to do an initial assessment and then prioritise the issue against our current backlog. If you want to be updated on the progress, feel free to add yourself as a watcher to the bug report.

If you have any other questions, please let us know and we'll be happy to help. Thanks again for letting us know!

Regards, Syauqi

Suggest an answer