It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

can you exclude epic issues from the backlog?

I have an epic I inherited but it turns out this was only a wish list with no immediate justification. I would like to exclude those issues from the backlog but still be able to refer to the issues. 

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Chyle,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When you say "backlog", are you meaning the backlog section in the board view of your project like displayed in the screenshot below?

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 19.20.33.png

If that's correct, you can remove any issues from the backlog by simply excluding them from your board filter. These would be the steps:

1 - Logged as the board administrator, navigate to your board > Click in the three dots icon at the top right corner > Board settings

2 - In General, click to Edit Filter Query > Exclude your issue from your filter

P.S: In order to don't add too many details to your query, I recommend you to use a field to select all the issues you want to exclude, like Labels. For example, you can add the Epic you want to exclude with the label "Removed_backlog" and add this to the board query:

Labels != "Removed_backlog"

If that's not what you are looking for, can you please provide us with more details and some screenshots so we can see what is the feature you are referring to?

Also, let us know if you have any questions!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you