can we create a table for custom fields?

I have a tricky situation, we have a set of custom fields lets say field 1, field 2, field 3 and field 4 all of them which should be shown in a table like below

field names.jpg

can this be done in JIRA out of the box or using any add-on??

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

@Bharath Kumar Can you brief about this more? Are you trying to bring these fields on Create Screen without values or on View Screen with values?

If you looking to bring these fields on View screen try out Database Customfields

https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/jira-architecture/database-schema/database-custom-fields

If you trying to bring these fields on create screen, then you need to explore more.

I just need these values inside a table on the view screen, on the create screen the custom fields can appear normally. It just on the view screen that these custom fields should be shown in a table format. I did attach a image to show how I would like to have them appear on the view screen please let me know if that can be done.

field names.jpg

Then Database custom field will fix your problem.

Cheers!

ohh nice thanks for the reply smile

Not natively, you'll need some add-on to reformat the whole issue view.  I don't know if there is one.

I will keep checking Nic, anyways thanks for the reply.

Consider using a scripted field where the logic collects all the custom field data and formats the view as a table.
It might be straightforward, but you'll have to tweak a bit as I'm not sure what renderer is being used to show the content of the scripted field

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 5 hours ago in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

23 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you