can't change display of 'view issue screen' by writing javascript in field's 'Field Description'

fabby January 4, 2013

my jira version is 4.4.1

i want to change the display of 'view issue screen'.

1. for example,make the field "Description" 's text in 'red' color on 'view issue screen'.

so i put the following javascript code to the field "Description"'s Field Description

<script type="text/javascript">
document.getElementById("issue-description").style.color="red";
</script>

the field "Description"'s text is still in its black color on 'view issue screen'

2.while "Description" show red color when i do the similar action to this field on 'edit issue screen' or 'create issue screen'

<script type="text/javascript">
document.getElementById("description").style.color="red";
</script>

3. so can i say javascript in 'Field Description' only have effect to 'edit issue screen' or 'create issue screen'?

or is there another way to make it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2013

Try this in the announment banner.

<script type='text/javascript'>
AJS.$(document).ready(function() {
        AJS.$("#description-val").css("color", "red");
   }
);
</script>

fabby January 4, 2013

hi, Renjith

i tried your code,it has no effect for 'view issue screen',but useful for 'edit issue screen' or 'create issue screen'

and [Try this in the announment banner.] where is the [announment banner]? i just paste the code to field description

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2013
fabby January 5, 2013

Renjith,

thanks very much !

Suggest an answer