call move issue wizard

Hi experts, 

I need to call move issue wizard during a transition. I need to do some checks and collect values for some extra custom-fields and then call the move issue wizard. Is there an easy way to do that without writing our own plugin?

Thanks in advance for your help, 

Murat

JIRA v6.3.15

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

No, you'll absolutely need a plugin, and in fact, I'm not sure you can even write one to trigger it - you probably need to alter core code.

I'd also forget the idea of moving an issue during a transtion - it's not in a state where you want to trigger the move as the "wizard" will use the old values you've got on it.

Hi Nic, 

thanks for your comment. If there's no other way for doing this, is there a way to convert "move issue" link to a seperate button like the transition buttons. 

Thanks, 

Murat

Not convert, without fiddling with some system files, but you could write a web-fragment plugin that could add it as a button, I believe.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

229 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you