call move issue wizard

Murat BALKAS April 19, 2015

Hi experts, 

I need to call move issue wizard during a transition. I need to do some checks and collect values for some extra custom-fields and then call the move issue wizard. Is there an easy way to do that without writing our own plugin?

Thanks in advance for your help, 

Murat

JIRA v6.3.15

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2015

No, you'll absolutely need a plugin, and in fact, I'm not sure you can even write one to trigger it - you probably need to alter core code.

I'd also forget the idea of moving an issue during a transtion - it's not in a state where you want to trigger the move as the "wizard" will use the old values you've got on it.

Murat BALKAS April 19, 2015

Hi Nic, 

thanks for your comment. If there's no other way for doing this, is there a way to convert "move issue" link to a seperate button like the transition buttons. 

Thanks, 

Murat

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2015

Not convert, without fiddling with some system files, but you could write a web-fragment plugin that could add it as a button, I believe.

Suggest an answer