call external rest api using post function

Sneha Gole November 6, 2019

https://10.0.9.202/api/Engineering/Analysis/Validate?Plant=EAES&Partnumber=1310468W001

hi,, im new to jira  and i want to call above api with parameter Plant and Partnumber on transition  using post function . 

image.png

Basically what i want is when i click on tempvalidateRest transition ,Api should call and according to  Plant and Partnumber values or status should update in other application ..

for this i hvae created webhook  and call it on post function .. but the values are not updating ..plz help me with this image.png

1 answer

1 vote
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2019

Hi @Sneha Gole

welcome to Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, it is not possible to use your own variables (based on custom fields' values in issue) in webhook's url.

But I can image another approach could work for you.

Do you have Jira server or cloud?

If you have Jira server, I would recommend you to use ScriptRunner add-on and create post function with groovy script, which will take the values from the issue and use them to create url and body of the request.

Sneha Gole November 20, 2019

hiiiii @Hana Kučerová  I have remove custom fields ..now i have just create transition with none screen selected.

image.png

and i have set "  https://10.0.9.84:443/API/Engineering/Analysis/Validate?Plant=EAES&PartNumber=E171476Y001001  " url in webhook ..

when i check the log file its show like below

image.pngdoes it means  webhook  is sent from myside correctly ?

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2019

Hi @Sneha Gole ,

that looks good! Were you able to get the data in the other application?

Sneha Gole November 24, 2019

No ..im guessing may be its because of network policy 

Sneha Gole November 26, 2019

The data in other application is not updated what should i do now?

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2019

Hi @Sneha Gole ,

did you try to check atlassian-jira.log? 

If the remote systen doesn't "catch" the webhook POST, there should be record about it.

Sneha Gole December 3, 2019

hii @Hana Kučerová  No there is no such logs about it 

Sneha Gole December 4, 2019

can you please tell  me how to post json data in webhook?

Sneha Gole December 4, 2019

hii @Hana Kučerová  Can you please tell me how to post json data in webhook ? (i have API project on local machine and when i click on validate transition webhook gets call and get Plant and Partnumber  in api project but not getting josn after i debug)

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2019

Hi @Sneha Gole,

please check Exclude body parameter in configuration of the webhook in Jira administration. The checkbox should by unchecked.

Like Sneha Gole likes this
Sneha Gole December 18, 2019

@Hana Kučerová   hiii, can you please tell me how can i call api through scriptrunner ?

Suggest an answer