It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

call external rest api using post function

https://10.0.9.202/api/Engineering/Analysis/Validate?Plant=EAES&Partnumber=1310468W001

hi,, im new to jira  and i want to call above api with parameter Plant and Partnumber on transition  using post function . 

image.png

Basically what i want is when i click on tempvalidateRest transition ,Api should call and according to  Plant and Partnumber values or status should update in other application ..

for this i hvae created webhook  and call it on post function .. but the values are not updating ..plz help me with this image.png

1 answer

Hi @Sneha Gole

welcome to Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, it is not possible to use your own variables (based on custom fields' values in issue) in webhook's url.

But I can image another approach could work for you.

Do you have Jira server or cloud?

If you have Jira server, I would recommend you to use ScriptRunner add-on and create post function with groovy script, which will take the values from the issue and use them to create url and body of the request.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

303 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you