calculating child issues time

rTrack Support February 6, 2017

Hi @Fidel Castro Armario ,

I need to calcualte the total time taken on each child issues and need to display it in the parent issue .

For ex : 

Parent issue 1 

child issue 1 

child issue 2 

child issue 3 

These child issues are created using creates issues and subtask post functions .

in parent issues : open --> in progress --> resolved .

need to take the difference b/w resolved and created .

in the same parent issues :

open --> inprogress --> resolved --> rejected --> in progress --> resolved .

in this scenario , i dont need to take the difference between created and resolved .

i copied the transition time when it is resolved to rejected as Reopened Time .

Once again i changed to resolved Then resolved field will updated with the current time .

So i have to check the scenarios :

if Reopened date is null then need to take differenece b/w created and resolved .

else reopened date is not null then need to take the difference b/w  reopened date and resolved .

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2017

If you also want a field in each child issue, you can create a "Calculated Text Field" with the following text expression:

formatDuration({rrrrr} != null ? {ccccc} - {rrrrr} : {ccccc} - {00009})

replacing rrrrr with field code for Final Reopen Date, and ccccc with field code for Final Closure Date.

Note that {00009} is field code for Date and time of creation.

1 vote
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2017

You can create a "Calculated Text Field" in parent issue with the following text expression:

formatDuration(sum(mathOnIssueList(linkedIssues("initiates (Issue originated from another Issue)"), ^{rrrrr} != null ? ^{ccccc} - ^{rrrrr} : ^{ccccc} - ^{00009})))

replacing rrrrr with field code for Final Reopen Date, and ccccc with field code for Final Closure Date.

Note that {00009} is field code for Date and time of creation.

The duration will be in the format of time

or

like 2days 4 hrs 30 minutes .

And also .If i set the due date is with certain conditions once resolved the issues , i have to take the difference between resolved and due date .

if resolved date is greater than due date then need to set a field as SLA OUT .

else resolved date is lesser than due date then need to set a field with value as SLA IN

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2017

The format is like 2days 4 hrs 30 minutes.

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2017

I recommend you to create a Text Field (single line) custom field and set it in transition for resolving issue using "Copy a parsed text to a field" post-function with the following configuration:

• Target field: the Text Field (single line) you have created.
  • Parsing mode: advanced
  • Text to be parsed:
formatDuration({00012} - {ccccc}) + " - " + ({00012} - {ccccc} > 0 ? "SLA IN" : "SLA OUT")

replacing ccccc with field code for Final Closure Date.

Note that {00012} is field code for Due date.

Can i use the single level select custom field instead of the text field .

. And one more thing .

I have tried the calculated number field for taking the counts on transitions .

It results the number .

But i cant see that custom field in the JIRA dashboards like pie charts , two dimensional custom fields .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2017

You can use a Text Field (single line) for the time from resolution to due date with the following configuration:

• Target field: the Text Field (single line) you have created.
  • Parsing mode: advanced
  • Text to be parsed:

formatDuration({00012} - {ccccc})

Then use a Single Select List custom field for SLA result with the following configuration:

• Target field: the Single Select List you have created.
  • Parsing mode: advanced
  • Text to be parsed:

{00012} - {ccccc} >= 0 ? "SLA IN" : "SLA OUT"

rTrack Support February 7, 2017

@Fidel Castro Armario

And one more thing .

I have tried the calculated number field for taking the counts on transitions .

It results the number .

But i cant see that custom field in the JIRA dashboards like pie charts , two dimensional custom fields .

Could you please check this ..

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2017

Numeric fields can't be shown in a pie chart or 2 dimensional table. You can't also add an ordinary number custom field to those 2 dashboard gadgets.

Will text field supports ??

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2017

No, only fields with a limited number of possible values, like Select List, User Pickers, Project Pickers, Issue Pickers, etc.

Ok @Fidel Castro Armario .

Thanks for the valuable suggestions .

Is there any possibilities to include the holidays in the conditions of setting the due date .

For example today here is leave for the onsite need to be leave based on their holidays .

Is it possible to set based on the reporters geo location or regions .

[{Due date}=null AND %{Severity}="Sev1-Show Stopper"]addTimeSkippingWeekends({Date and time of creation}, toNumber(projectProperty("severity1Hours")) * {HOUR} + 1, EST)

[{Due date}=null AND %{Severity}="Sev2-Critical"]addTimeSkippingWeekends({Date and time of creation}, toNumber(projectProperty("severity2Days")) * {DAY} + 1, EST)

[{Due date}=null AND %{Severity}="Sev3-Not Critical"]addTimeSkippingWeekends({Date and time of creation}, toNumber(projectProperty("severity3Days")) * {DAY} + 1, EST)

[{Due date}=null AND %{Severity}="Sev4-Trivial"]addTimeSkippingWeekends({Date and time of creation}, toNumber(projectProperty("severity4Days")) * {DAY} + 1, EST)

this is for a single project only i need based on the reporter places 

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2017

Sorry, currently it's not possible to use a holiday calendar for doing time calculations. That's a feature that will be added in the future, but it will not take short time to be implemented.

Yah sure .. Try to implement the calendar logics .That will reduce too much complexities for the customers .

And i have a general questions .

I am configuring too much automation's between 4 to 5 queues with lots of post functions .

Will it result any damage for the server or will it result the suspended process in the back end .

Because i am facing issues like getting locked process while doing the transitions .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2017

When correctly configured, you can use a lot of post-functions in your workflows without significative time penalty. But, there are also inefficient configurations that can result in performance penalties. Nevertheless, they can usually be optimized.

Please, create an issue at http://support.workflowarts.com for the transitions you are suffering from long times of execution. Attach the XML export of the workflow and explain which transitions are being troublesome.

Yah sure fidel .Thanks for the immediate responses at every time .

rTrack Support February 8, 2017

@Fidel Castro Armario,

I have one doubt .

I used the scenario using the properties of severity .

It is working fine .

But while showing the when the time is completed with in sla 

then it shows the time and also as SLA IN .

But in the time i have already used skipping weekends .

So in this field also i have to subtract the weekend values also right ??

Is it possible ??

rTrack Support February 9, 2017

@Fidel Castro Armario

And also I have another one requirements .

i have the some status flows like below for one queue .

open --> in progress (Named as T1)

in progress --> waiting for vendor (Named as T2 )

waiting for vendor --> in progress (Named as T3)

in progress --> resolved (Named as T4)

Now i have to calculate the total time taken to resolve the issue with below condition .

if i changed the status from in progress to waiting for vendor Then i have to add the time from 

open --> in progress 

and 

in progress --> waiting for vendor 

and then again i need to take only the time 

in progress --> resolved .

i.e ( T1 + T2 +T4) = Total time 

i need to eliminate the time T3 .

And also i have to check with the business hours also .

is it possible ???

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2017

Sorry, I'm not sure about what you want. If you want to do the calculations skepping weekends, replace term {00012} - {ccccc} in all your expressions with this one:

subtractDatesSkippingWeekends({00012}, {ccccc}, LOCAL)
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2017

Please, create a new question for your new requirement. Thanks.

rTrack Support February 20, 2017

@Fidel Castro Armario ,

I have used this based on your suggestions  .

Ex :

formatDuration({00012} - {ccccc}) + " - " + ({00012} - {ccccc} > 0 "SLA IN" "SLA OUT")

Conflgured :

1. The following text parsed in advanced mode will be copied to Sla Status
    formatDuration({Due date} - {Final Closure Date}) + " - " + ({Due date} - {Final Closure Date} > 0 ? "SLA IN" : "SLA OUT")
    This feature will be run as user in field Current user
    by JWT
    But it shows result correctly for sla in values . For sla out it is showing like :

image2017-2-21 10:30:44.png

Can you please suggest us for the solution .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2017

Try any of these alternative expressions:

Not showing duration for SLA OUT:

{00012} - {ccccc} > 0 ? formatDuration({00012} - {ccccc}) + " - SLA IN" : "SLA OUT"

Showing duration for SLA OUT:

{00012} - {ccccc} > 0 ? formatDuration({00012} - {ccccc}) + " - SLA IN" : formatDuration({ccccc} - {00012}) + " - SLA OUT"
rTrack Support February 21, 2017

@Fidel Castro Armario

Is this correct ???

{00012} - {ccccc} > 0 ? formatDuration(subtractDatesSkippingWeekends({00012}, {ccccc}, LOCAL)) + " - SLA IN" : formatDuration(subtractDatesSkippingWeekends({ccccc}, {00012}, LOCAL)) + " - SLA OUT"

I have to display the days only t business days for sla in and out values . i used to skip the weekends while adding the due dates .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2017

Yes, that's correct.

rTrack Support February 24, 2017

@Fidel Castro Armario ,

hi fidel ,

is this is a valid condition :

{00012} = null ? ({rrrrr} = null ? ({created} - {12156} > 0 ? "SLA IN" : "SLA OUT") :({rrrrr} - {12156} > 0 ? "SLA IN" : "SLA OUT") : ({00012} - {12156} > 0 ? "SLA IN" : "SLA OUT")

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2017

That's not a condition but a math expression that contains conditional clauses.

You should use {00009} instead of {created}. Anyway, your expression is not correct because correct syntax is:

boolean_expression ? if_math_expression : else_math_expression

but you are using something like:

boolean_expression ? math_expression : math_expression : math_expression

which is incorrect.

Also {rrrrrr} should be replaced by an actual field code.

Please, explain in detail what you intend to do and I will give you the exact expression.

rTrack Support February 24, 2017

@Fidel Castro Armario,

I am trying to check this

if due date is null then 

if Reopen date is null then

created date - closed date

else reopen date -closed date 

Else

due date - closed date .

Boolean expression ?( Boolean ? Math :math ) : math 

I am trying to achieve the above sub condition check .

simple if block (if block then else )

else block .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2017

Use the following string expression:

{00012} = null ? ({rrrrr} = null ? ({00009} - {ccccc} > 0 ? "SLA IN" : "SLA OUT") : ({rrrrr} - {ccccc} > 0 ? "SLA IN" : "SLA OUT")) : ({00012} - {ccccc} > 0 ? "SLA IN" : "SLA OUT")

replacing rrrrr with field code for Reopened Date and ccccc with field code for Closing date.

rTrack Support February 27, 2017

@Fidel Castro Armario

Shall i use this as condition .

00012 – due date 

19691 – reopen date

closure date – 19692

00009 – created date

{00012} =  null ? ({19691} = null ? ({00009} - {19692} > 0 ? (formatDuration(subtractDatesSkippingWeekends({00009}, {19692}, LOCAL)) + " - SLA IN") : (formatDuration(subtractDatesSkippingWeekends({19692}, {00009}, LOCAL)) + " - SLA OUT")) : ({19691} - {19692} > 0 ? (formatDuration(subtractDatesSkippingWeekends({19691}, {19692}, LOCAL)) + " - SLA IN") : (formatDuration(subtractDatesSkippingWeekends({19692}, {19691}, LOCAL)) + " - SLA OUT") ) ) : ({00012} - {19692} > 0 ? (formatDuration(subtractDatesSkippingWeekends({00012}, {19692}, LOCAL)) + " - SLA IN") :(formatDuration(subtractDatesSkippingWeekends({19692}, {00012}, LOCAL)) + " - SLA OUT")) 

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2017

That expression is syntactically correct, and equivalent to the one I provided you before but doing calculations skipping weekends. So, it should work as you expect.

Anyway, thinking of your description of your requirements, there is something I don't understand:

When due date is null the time intervals to be calculated are created date - closed date or reopen date -closed date, but we are comparing it with zero. Those values will always be negative, since closed date will always be greater than created and reopened dates. I think that the comparison should be with some maximum duration (SLA time limit), i.e, the expressions should be:

{00012} = null ? ({rrrrr} = null ? ({00009} - {ccccc} > sla_duration_limit ? "SLA IN" : "SLA OUT") : ({rrrrr} - {ccccc} > sla_duration_limit ? "SLA IN" : "SLA OUT")) : ({00012} - {ccccc} > 0 ? "SLA IN" : "SLA OUT")

or

{00012} =  null ? ({19691} = null ? ({00009} - {19692} > sla_duration_limit ? (formatDuration(subtractDatesSkippingWeekends({00009}, {19692}, LOCAL)) + " - SLA IN") : (formatDuration(subtractDatesSkippingWeekends({19692}, {00009}, LOCAL)) + " - SLA OUT")) : ({19691} - {19692} > sla_duration_limit ? (formatDuration(subtractDatesSkippingWeekends({19691}, {19692}, LOCAL)) + " - SLA IN") : (formatDuration(subtractDatesSkippingWeekends({19692}, {19691}, LOCAL)) + " - SLA OUT") ) ) : ({00012} - {19692} > 0 ? (formatDuration(subtractDatesSkippingWeekends({00012}, {19692}, LOCAL)) + " - SLA IN") :(formatDuration(subtractDatesSkippingWeekends({19692}, {00012}, LOCAL)) + " - SLA OUT"))

sla_duration_limit is a duration expression like:

2 * {DAY} + 12 * {HOUR} + 30 * {MINUTE}

@Fidel Castro Armario

my requirement is :

if due date is null

then need to check

reopen date is null or not 

if reopen date is null then need to take created vs closed else reopen vs closed 

else 

due date vs closed date .

The sla duration limit is not necessary i think . 

when the difference b/w two dates is greater than 0 then need to show the timings only ..

i think no limits required .

limits are mandatory or not .

@Fidel Castro Armario ,

I have compared both the expression , both are same except but 0 & sla_duration_limit

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2017

But I think there is something that is not OK with your expression, since I'm afraid that created date - closed date will always be lower than zero, and the same should be true for reopen date -closed date. I'm I wrong?

Yah i accept this .

when i use created vs closed  then it should be less than zero .This will not occur all instances .for older issues it may occur . To avoid the error only i used this expressions .

reopen date vs closed date also need to check like this only .

0 votes

Final Reopen Date  – This date field will capture the reopen activity date time (Status : Reopened)

Final Closure Date  - this date field will capture the close activity date time  (Status : Resolved)

0 votes
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2017

Do you have a Date-Time Picker custom field for storing the time when an issue is reopened? In affirmative case, what's the name of that field?

0 votes

so once calculated this time i have to display those times in the parent issues and also need to sum up the all field of calculated times and display in some other fields .

Suggest an answer