calculate value of customfield based on custom fields of other issues

Hen Aen November 23, 2020

Hi Community,

In our JIRA project we would like to create a calculated customfield to prioritize issues and need your input for the realization.
Here is the situation:
We have issuetype A and issuetype B. Issuetype B has a customfield B1, which indicates the priority of the issue in form of a number. Via customfield A1 of issuetype A, one or more issuetype B are assigned to issuetype A (e.g. via multiselect/multilink).
What we are now looking for is a customfield A2, which returns the largest value of a customfield B1 of all issuetypes B assigned with the issue A.

In simple terms, the customfield A2 should calculate the following:
"return the maximum value of all customfield B1 of all issues specified in A1"

Do you have an idea how this can be realized? Which JIRA Addons are necessary for this?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2020

Hello,

Unfortunately, I don't know anyway to return the maximal value of a field.

However, it is a bit longer but you can use an "If/Else" loop checking the different values of the B1 field (using a request of the type "If one of B1 field = XX")

By stating with the highest values available for B1 and then going down in your next IF/Else iterations, you should obtain the desired result. It's fastidious, but it works :) 

Let me know if it helped,

Guilhem

Hen Aen November 24, 2020

Hi!

Thanks for your answer! That seems like a good workaround for the lack of a "max"-function. Unfortunately I cannot test this by now.

Assuming we would find a way for the Max function, do you know if it is possible to configure a customfield A2 to return the value of another customfield B1 from other issues listed in A1?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer