calculate total time spent

Hiti Verma November 27, 2022

How can I find work logged by each user in JIRA for monthly reporting? I have made a company-managed project. Thanks 

6 answers

5 votes
Ewa Grabowska-Ptak_SolDevelo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 28, 2022

Hi @Hiti Verma

Unfortunately, while Jira offers Time Tracking and logging hours towards ticket. It does not offer reports to it. 

I would like to recommend you our app Worklogs - Time Tracking and Reports

With it, you can create custom reports based on Jira Time Logs and Jira issues fields. Meaning that there are countless reports that you can create with it. For example:

• You can create a report to view the time spent by each user:

screen 2.png

• You can check the time spent by each user in specific Projects or issue types:

screen 1.png
  • If you have a custom field, you can also use it in your reports. 

screen 3.png

Each report can be saved, exported or shared on a dashboard widget. 

Hope it helps! Please contact us if you have any questions, or check out Worklogs in an Interactive Demo here.  

3 votes
Karolina Wons_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2022

Hi @Hiti Verma 

For company-manager projects, you can try to track the time spent in each status (or Total time in all statuses) by using the Time in Status for Jira Cloud developed by my SaaSJet team. 

GIF TIS.gif

It's a very convenient way to monitor team efficiency and track how long it takes each team member to solve the issue.

I hope you find it helpful

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 13, 2022

Hi @Hiti Verma,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

You can aggregate time spent and any other Jira number field with our cloud app Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards.

Here's the link to our demo dashboards where you can check out some features of our app without installation. 

quick-filters-for-jira-dashboards_time-spent.png

0 votes
Katarina Harbuzava _ Planyway
Marketplace Partner
December 13, 2022

Hi @Hiti Verma!

I am Kathrin, a marketing manager at Planyway.

I would recommend using Planyway add-on for Jira to see monthly reporting by each user in your team. It's free for teams of up to 10 members. You will see total time spent by month, by week, and improve resource planning in general. This is how it looks like:

drag-n-drop.png

And here is the screenshot of reporting graphs. 

Time tracking Jira.png

Feel free to try it out for your needs. 

0 votes
Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2022

Hi @Hiti Verma 

Any time tracking app with reporting capabilities can do that for you. One of the more popular ones (and trending!) is our Clockwork Free app which provides versatile timesheets that allow for breaking down and summing up time spent by users, projects, epics and many other fields found on issues.

0 votes
Madhu_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2022

Hi @Hiti Verma 

If you would be interested in a mktplace app, to get this data, you can try out our plugin

Agile Tools : Epic Tree, Links Tree, Time in Status & Worklogs

The app provides the following features.

Worklogs & Time tracking Report :- Track time spent by resources with multiple filters / category / grouping features. Export to csv format is also available. You can filter based on worklogs time period as well.

Disclaimer : I work for the vendor who built this app

Worklogs Report.png

Suggest an answer