calculate the date and time with two custom field

Felipe Nascimento Lopes June 29, 2017

I want to create some fields in JIRA Service Desk Cloud, that the team hat to fill with the date time of the problem, but when the ticket is open, on the view page it shows 46 minutes and don't display the full date, like: 06/29/2017 05:20 PM.

Is possible to change this ?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2017

Hi Felipe,

The reason you see that is because of the relative dates in JIRA.  Here's how you disable relative dates:

1. Shut down JIRA
  2. Navigate to $JIRA_HOME
  3. Edit the file: jira-config.properties - See How to edit the jira-config.properties file
  4. Add the following line:
    jira.lf.date.relativize = false

5. Save the file

6. Restart JIRA

Cheers,

Branden

Felipe Nascimento Lopes June 30, 2017

I use JIRA Service Desk Cloud, how can i do this ?

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2017

Hi Felipe,

I missed the Cloud portion.  I spoke with the Cloud team and they stated this is something they used to be able to disable but not anymore.  There is currently a feature request at JRA-41506 for this in Cloud.

Please vote on this issue and add any notes/use cases to the comments for the developers.  When you vote on the issue you will be notified of any updates/fixes/workarounds.

Thanks,

Branden

Suggest an answer