bug in automation: condition not passed?

enrico April 3, 2023

We have a global automation in two projects. The automation should simply sum up the story points of the subtasks of a story. In one board the sum up works as expected, in another board the same rule doesn't work. In the audit protocol Jira says "condition not passed", so the subtask isn't recognized as a subtask and therefore the automation stops. Is this a bug or how can we solve the problem?

The automation in the first step is checking if the changed value is a story point, then it checks if the transaction type is a subtask, if yes the it changes the value of the parent.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Hi Enrico and welcome to the community,

Most likely this is not a bug. You have to cross check your rule and see if on the condition the same issue type are being checked. E.g. "Subtask" is different that "Sub-task". Is you can, paste your rule/condition here, as well as the issue type scheme of both projects.

enrico April 3, 2023

In the not working board the issue type is a Sub-Task and the automation is checking for a Sub-Task, so I can see no problems here.

In the working board the issue type is also named Sub-Task.

Because its a global rule the same issue type is being checked intrinsically.

Here is the automation scheme

jira1.png

The code of the rule is

{
"fields": {
"Story point estimate": {{issue.subtasks.Story point estimate.sum}}
}
}

This is the issue type scheme of the non working project:

jira2.png

And this of the working project

jira3.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Are you working on team managed project?

Is the estimation feature enabled on the 2nd project? And is the story point estimate field placed on the subtask issue type?

enrico April 3, 2023

The Sub-Task does have the story point estimate field

jira4.png

and the estimation feature is enabled and set tostory points:

jira5.png

But what is a team managed project and where can I find this information? I have admin rights on the project, if that helps.

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2023

When you open the project, look on the lower left corner.

enrico April 4, 2023

Ah, ok, yes, both projects are team managed.

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2023

@enrico I think I found the problem. You should edit your rule's condition and you should place a smart value to compare against your issue type's id. E.g:

tmp equals.png

You should be able to locate the subtask's ID from the project settings:

subtask id.png

Make sure that the id is the same for both projects. If not, then you have to include the second value as well.

enrico April 4, 2023

You were right! I have two different IDs for the subtasks. Now I have included both IDs and now it works on both projects. Thanks for your help!

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2023

Good to know that @enrico! Very glad for us to have found the source of the problem and fixed it! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events