breadcrumb navigation

Petr Anderle April 7, 2020

Hi, I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to modify the way breadcrumb navigation works in JIRA. 

By default, the issue type hiearchy in the breadcrumb navigatio is like this:

• Epic A / User stories A1, A2, A3 / Tasks A1.1, A2,2

What I need to able to do is to change the breadcrumbs to achieve something like this:

• Epic A / User story A2 / Task B3

Has anyone had the same problem? And if so, how did you solve this? Any inputs greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

3 answers

0 votes
Troy Edmonds November 18, 2021

Did anyone figure this out?

When I added a KB in confluence it added a breadcrumb and drove the request one layer deeper. so simple but I cant find a way to fix it. 

help center/ support/ request support

I want it to be 

help center/ request support

but still, have the knowledge base suggestions

Jira interface is very convoluted to make a small change is a loop always.

thanks 

Troy  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2021

The question here was about the "breadcrumbs" in Jira, not Confluence (where the knowledge base for a JSM project is kept)

Within Confluence though, the breadcrumbs are determined by the page tree.

You should find you can use "move" from the tools menu (...) on the Confluence page to move the page underneath the one you want, or you can go to "space tools -> Content" and rearrange the page tree by dragging and dropping pages into place.

0 votes
Fatma Fareed February 23, 2021

Apparently, it is still not possible!

0 votes
Petr Anderle April 13, 2020

Noone here ever needed to modify the breadcrumb navigation in JIRA...? (surprised)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2020

Could you explain what you mean by breadcrumb navigation?  I ask because I don't recognise what you're describing, so I'm wondering what I'm missing (I'm probably blinded by familiarity)

Petr Anderle April 14, 2020

Absolutely. 

Výstřižek.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2020

Ah, ok, it's the "Epic /  Story A1, A2 / Tasks A1, A2" bit that confused me.  You simply don't get that display at all - the breadcrumbs you have pointed to are Project: Current project / Current issue - no multiples, not Epics.

You can't change that display. 

But, it does support Epics - an issue with an Epic shows Project: Current project / Epic issue / Current issue

This is in the new issue view on Cloud though, which you may not yet have.

Petr Anderle April 16, 2020

thanks for your time, @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ! So that basically means that if I want to change the display, this would require custom development, did I get that correctly?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2020

Yes, that's correct.  You would need to hack the code that is showing the breadcrumbs.  This is not possible on Cloud systems, you've no access to the code.

Troy Edmonds November 21, 2021

That's what I suspected. once Jira is linked to Confluence it pushed the breadcrumb one level deeper on the Jira Portal 

thanks for confirming it 

Troy Edmonds November 28, 2021

I fixed it by removing the knowledge base articles in the new category  field, C8838C1F-619A-4D3D-8B50-BA8DFD741C52_4_5005_c.jpeg

Suggest an answer