board layout

Dave W December 15, 2020

I'm quite new to Jira admin and in creating my first project to use as a templet, I've noticed my board and my issue status does not reflect the workflow I've created and published.

The workflow status' can all transition to and from each other. I have published the workflow and assigned the workflow to the project/issue types.

Any ideas where I can may have gone wrong? or if this is not possible to have this layout with Core?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2020

What does your board look like? Screenshot? 

Dave W December 15, 2020

Hi Jack, all my board has is

• Backlog
  • In Progress
  • Done

My workflow has

• Backlog
  • In Progress
  • On Hold
  • Review
  • Done
  • Cancelled

Interestingly enough the "To Do" column did update to "Backlog" when I renamed it though.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2020

So if this is Classic project go to Board settings and check Columns to ensure statuses are mapped to the columns as you want. boards do not directly represent statuses unless you define the board to mirror the workflow. This is not true for NG projects. 

Dave W December 15, 2020

I don't have a Board Settings option but I do have admin rights in my user permissions.

My project type = "Classic Business" Template = "Task Tracking"

Do I need to select a different type of template in Core?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2020

I expect that this is a a default board that is not configurable. If you wish to have a different configurable board you can create one via the Boards menu. The default board will show all statuses in either To Do, In Progress or Done based upon the status category.

LMK if I can assist further. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events