backlog will not show status.

Beverly Bricker April 1, 2021

I used the Next-gen software project for a project and I liked that I could view the status right on the Backlog list.  

Now I'm using the Classic software project and the backlog will not show status.

Anyway to do this in Classic? Any updates that will include this?

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
efroim102 May 17, 2022

There's a Chrome Extension that solves this issue, it does require setting up the extra fields though: Jira Backlog Status - Chrome Web Store (google.com)

0 votes
Beverly Bricker April 1, 2021

Too bad.  Here's what I could see in the next generation.  Was extremely helpful!!

Capture.PNG

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2021

Yup, and there are several suggestions to improve the Classic (now Company-Managed Project) backlog for status.  Here are a few:

https://jira.atlassian.com/issues/?jql=project%20IN%20(JRACLOUD%2C%20JSWCLOUD)%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20summary%20~%20%22backlog%22%20AND%20summary%20~%20%22status%22%20ORDER%20BY%20Key

I didn't see one to add that exact behavior, which is also on Business Projects, I think.  You may add your own suggestion to see how much interest there is.

Best regards,

Bill

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2021

Hi @Beverly Bricker 

To confirm my understanding of your question:

• you see the status listed on the issues on the Next-Gen backlog, and
  • you wonder if that is possible for a Classic project

If so, then...yes and no:

Yes, you may add the Status to the cards (issues) on the Classic project backlog under board settings.

No, the status displayed on the Classic project backlog is static.  It does not have the drop-down selector to change the values.  If that is what you wanted, I do not believe that part is possible.

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events