automate the transition one of the issues when the other issue is marked as "done"

David Martinez Moreno March 27, 2023

I have two linked issues. Each issue is in their own workflow.

I want to automate the transition one of the issues when the other issue is marked as "done".

I have tried to "break the link" when the issue is moved to done and that would trigger the issue in the other workflow. But even though the link is broken, the "condition is not met" and nothing happens.

I am using Jira software.
Thanks!

D

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Hello @David Martinez Moreno 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

When asking a question related to Automation Rules it is important that you provide the details of your automation rule and its audit log. We can't help you debug the rule without that information.

David Martinez Moreno March 28, 2023

First on Project B, I delete the link. This works.

1.jpg

Then in Project A, the automation is as follows: when an issue link is deleted, then transition the issue:

2.jpg

The project B automation runs and deletes the link between issues.

In Project A however, nothing happens, even though the link is broken, there is nothing in the Audit Log, the rule does not fail, it does not even make a check.

Also, why I can't change the "scope" of a rule to add more projects?
I read that some people can change or make the rule work for all projects.

Thanks!

Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2023

Hi @David Martinez Moreno 

Do you have in the Automatrion Rule Details, the option "Allow rule trigger" checked?

If not... Check to allow other rule actions to trigger this rule. Only enable this if you need this rule to execute in response to another rule.

David Martinez Moreno March 28, 2023

thanks!

0 votes
Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2023

hI @David Martinez Moreno 

try To Accept the solutions in the community Tickets that the resoluction is ok ;)

It helps to motivate the Community :D

Thanks in advance!

0 votes
Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2023

Try to check this:

check_auto.JPG

0 votes
Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2023

Hola @David Martinez Moreno ,

has probado con una Automatización?

Puedes hacer que cuando el Ticket 1 pase a Done., crear una "Branch rule / related issues" con los Tickets Linkados.. y transicionarlos.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events