Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

auto onboarding scripts

we are trying to automate certain tasks within our JIRA project for which we have to analyze the auto onboarding scripts written in Maven/Springboot to integrate and automate our processes . Is there a specific use case where i can understand , analyze and investigate this root cause .

1 answer

0 votes

I do not understand if there is a question or conversation here?  

this is a use case im working out my way with my current project . trying to automate using webhook feature in JIRA and for that i need understand the backend code written in Maven/Java components to auto onboard our tasks , features and process rather than manual intervention.

Thanks for the explanation, I am sorry I did not understand it before.

I am still a little lost on this though.  I understand now that you have a use case (or set of them) that have lead you to webhooks, but I do not get the second part of it.  A Jira webhook reaches out to another system, effectively poking it and trying to send data over to it.  There's no need for you to understand any Jira code behind the webhook - someone does something in Jira, the webhook is triggered by that and it then sends data to another system.

If you're looking at webhooks in a remote system that then reach out to Jira (i.e. the opposite of what I said above), then they would want to hit Jira's REST API with their data, and yes, you'd need to understand what the REST API expects/needs from you.  But there's no need to look at the code of those either, on either side.

Could you confirm which way your data is going and then explain what the problem is?  Why do you think you need to be reading code, rather than docs for webhooks?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you