auto onboarding scripts

joshua charles
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 27, 2021

we are trying to automate certain tasks within our JIRA project for which we have to analyze the auto onboarding scripts written in Maven/Springboot to integrate and automate our processes . Is there a specific use case where i can understand , analyze and investigate this root cause .

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2021

I do not understand if there is a question or conversation here?  

joshua charles
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2021

this is a use case im working out my way with my current project . trying to automate using webhook feature in JIRA and for that i need understand the backend code written in Maven/Java components to auto onboard our tasks , features and process rather than manual intervention.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2021

Thanks for the explanation, I am sorry I did not understand it before.

I am still a little lost on this though.  I understand now that you have a use case (or set of them) that have lead you to webhooks, but I do not get the second part of it.  A Jira webhook reaches out to another system, effectively poking it and trying to send data over to it.  There's no need for you to understand any Jira code behind the webhook - someone does something in Jira, the webhook is triggered by that and it then sends data to another system.

If you're looking at webhooks in a remote system that then reach out to Jira (i.e. the opposite of what I said above), then they would want to hit Jira's REST API with their data, and yes, you'd need to understand what the REST API expects/needs from you.  But there's no need to look at the code of those either, on either side.

Could you confirm which way your data is going and then explain what the problem is?  Why do you think you need to be reading code, rather than docs for webhooks?

Suggest an answer