atlassian order processed thru vendor

Deleted user January 5, 2018

one of our team members told me that atlassian order had been processed with a vendor, while the email actually went to me later as I would be the technical support person, is that right ?

I wonder what that means to a technical person like me since I am still working with this vendor on testing instances with evaluation license, there is no production site at all and no end users involved either.  

Please advise. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2018

This can get quite complex if you're working with different vendors.

Start with the basics.  You should have an Atlassian account which, on https://my.atlassian.com , holds all your licences, contact details, and so-on.  This includes all your evaluation licences.

For each licence held there, you can add other Atlassian accounts as technical and/or billing contacts.  This is a good idea for your administrators, because they will be able to raise support requests, get development licences, and help look after the relevant systems.

A "vendor", rather than going directly to Atlassian, can add a lot of complexity.  But they can simplify it too.  Common reasons for using vendors instead of direct access include (but are not limited to) -

• having "approved suppliers" on a corporate list where it would be painful (slow/expensive/paperwork) to get Atlassian added
  • vendors may offer discounts
  • simplification of payment cycles
  • single service - if a consultancy service is helping you build an Atlassian stack, and/or helping you use it, you're paying them already.  Why have a second payment route to Atlassian when your consultancy service are happy to do it as part of the service (and, in some cases, get a discount)
Deleted user January 8, 2018

I never know what I have been involved :-) Thank you very much, @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

so I should login by my work ID to see what vendor purchasing from atlassian ?  I don't recall I used work ID login anywhere .

I have been using my personal account consulting with you guys in Community.atlassian.com. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2018

Your account here is an "Atlassian account", but you might have another one which is tied to your work email address (I've got two I use a lot as well)

You should log into my.atlassian.com with whatever account that was named as the technical support contact.

wow, that for sure starting another part of my jira journey. :-)

tech supp and bill contact all under my working email, which I login to see what our vendor did for us.

regardless the urge this vendor purchased for us, what should I wisely use what we have since the clock is ticking and we have no such amount users or any site to use this official license. 

evaluation licenses have been used and what would be the different if we switch over to my working email as tech supp or bill contact ?

the work has to be done properly first, then we can put all bunch of data/user on the site, we are not even close :-D

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2018

I don't quire understand what the question is.  One of your Atlassian accounts is named as a technical contact for your systems on my.atlassian.com, so you should be able to see the licences and contact details there.  If there are no paid licences, then you are either looking at the wrong systems, or your vendor has not purchased anything for you yet.

I see support expiry date and license type, user#. interestingly, billing contact also my email address. assuming we have paid already :-D  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events