atlassian.jira.dll without linq

Praveen October 17, 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to add Atlassian.Jira.dll in a project that uses .Net 2.0 framework. But, as the present version of Atlassian.Jira.dll uses Linq, it supports .Net 4.0 version. Even if I edit the source code of Atlassian.Jira.dll, I'll not succeed as most of the operations work with Linq. So, Can anyone suggest me what can be done regarding this? Can anyone provide me a dll which supports .Net 2.0.

I'm using InfoPaths' VSTA 2005 which uses .Net 2.0 ersion. There is no option to change the .net framework version here. If any one can suggest a work around even here, it would be helpful.

Thanks and Regards

Praveen.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Praveen July 7, 2013

Hi,

I've resolved this issue by creating a webservice to interact with JIRA from my application.

Regards

Praveen.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2012

I don't think it's supported at all, from what I can find. I don't think your "no option to change the .net framework" is valid - you need to upgrade to 4.0

Praveen October 17, 2012

Thanks Nic. How can I get a wsdl link for a rest service to my application? Any help on this is highly appreciable.

Thanks and Regards

Praveen.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2012

I'm not sure you need one. If I were you, I'd read through https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+REST+APIs to get started, and then decide whether you need a wsdl - I've not needed one myself, but I've only done a tiny simple bit of REST coding so far.

Suggest an answer