anyone successfully created a timeout for editing issues after creation?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2012

my goal is to allow the author of an issue to edit it within a time-window ot 10 minutes after creation.

so he can change things or add more details before the issue is beeing processed.

i experienced some customers who changed the issue summary/description and the result were different problems in one support issue...

to avoid this i removed edit-permission and set it to a specific role only.

now some customers want to have back the ability to edit their issue details...

i want to allow this but only within the first 10 minutes after the issue was filed

regards

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2012

Hi Faysal,

I think the thing with the 10 minutes is not possible, but you can control editing the issue with your workflow.

Have a look here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=149834

You can allow editing the issue as long as it is in its initial state. After it moved to development, only people in a specific role or group can edit it then.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Thomas

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2012
Ah thats what i expected. But if i choose to move the issue into different state where the issue is no longer editable by the reporter i can easily use a jelly listener to programatically transist matching issues from a filter. So in this case i think it is possible to use jql for triggering creation time and updatedDate <=-10m isn't it?
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2012

i accept the answer cause it shows some kind of a work-around but still it's not the solution i want...

i set up a bevaviour to permit editing of some fields if the issue exept the State is "Open" and User is in role "Developer"

i reached the point where i need to decide to globally switch off In-Line editing....which will make many users in my company run into my office asking me "why why why"

do avoid that i will leave things as the are right now....maybe there will be in-line editing to be enabled on specific projects only or something else to reach a goal like this..

Suggest an answer