advanced search (all except)

Tarek Makram October 16, 2019

Hi,

Wondering If I search in a category how to search in all that category except some elements?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Nisha Hajamohideen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2019

You can use the operator "NOT IN" or "!~" depending on the field that you are looking to search.

Example: component != "Component Name"

Please refer https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-operators-reference-764478341.html for additional guidelines and examples for operators in JQL.

Tarek Makram October 16, 2019

Thanks for your answer! 

Please note that I need to search in "Customer Type - Category" for Ex: Customer Type: xx However in the category "childOption" need to be all "childOptions" expect Y,Z,..etc.

I think "NOT IN" will make the search, not in all "parentOption"

I hope you got me.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2019

Hi @Tarek Makram ,

Try to add a single user, can you choose it?

TIM截图20191017095353.png

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2019

Hi @Tarek Makram ,

category != xxx

category not in xxx

category is not xxx

Suggest an answer