adding long comments via code block macro, no more scrollbar

Reinhard October 10, 2019

I used to use {code} for embracing long texts like error logs or similiar, and in an older version of JIRA it would put it in a fixed-sized window and add a scrollbar automatically.

Now the {code} {panel} tags are not registered. I can access the macros via / , but then again I have no means to set any parameter.

Is this simply not possible anymore?

Any other way?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2019

Hi Reinhard,

Thank you for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!

I tested on my local site and there is no way to add the scroll bar to a code block. Even if we add the {code} on using the old view, on the new view it will show only one line.

Based on your question, I created a feature request suggesting it to show the same as the old view:

Please, click on vote and watch in order to hear about updates on the development cycle.

Regards,
Angélica

Reinhard October 13, 2019

Hi Angélica,

Thanks for your reply.

In your video it shows how it used to. With big text you had 2 scrollbars (horizontal and vertical).

I'm afraid there is no way to switch back to old view in cloud, is it?

BR,

Reinhard

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2019

If you are using a next-gen project, it's not possible because the new issue view is part of this new type of project.

If you are using a classic project, you can go to your Profile picture > Settings and disable Jira labs, then all your classic projects will show the old view.

Note that this will affect only your profile, so each user must change it on their own profile.

Reinhard October 16, 2019

That's it. TYVM!

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer