add team members to board

Matt Mullaney December 20, 2016

2 answers

0 votes
Matt Mullaney December 21, 2016

Hi.  Sorry I didn't realize I actually submitted this.  Thanks for your response.

I was looking for a way to just create a Team manually, have the ability to associate them with different Projects, and then create a Board for them and also assign work to them through the Portfolio Plan.   This is because we have essentially 2 teams here that sometimes work on separate projects and sometimes work on the same projects.  One team is a Sprint team and one uses a Kanban.  I figured out a way to do it, maybe you can tell me if there are other approaches.

1.  Created Projects on JIRA side
  2.  Deleted the Project boards that were automatically created.
  3.  Manually created 2 new Boards, 1 Sprint and 1 Kanban.  Named them after the teams.
  4.  Came back to Portfolio Plan and saw that the two Teams had been automatically created in the 'Teams' section.   System (correctly) assumed that the boards were for Teams, not Projects.
  5. Added members to the Teams on the Portfolio side.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2016

Can you explain what you need? You don't need to add members to a board, you just need to assign them issues that are represented on the board.

Suggest an answer