action triggers

Vasileios Giannakopoulos June 9, 2017

Hello,

I have created a workflow where when an issue is created goes to "Backlog". I would like that when it is assigned to someone it automatically moves to "Assigned".

I am not sure on that what to do. Is it in triggers? conditions? validators or post functions? And do i put this on which transition?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2017

Dear Vasileios,

First of all let me explain what triggers and such are used for;

Triggers – transition JIRA issues when certain events occur in a connected development tool, such as Bitbucket.

Conditions – check that a transition should be performed by the user.

Validators – check that any input to the transition (for example, by a user) is valid, before the transition is performed.

Post functions – carry out additional processing, after a transition is performed.

Properties – are key-value pairs that can be used to further customize transitions.

To automatically transition Issues to a certain status once it is assigned to someone you will need to use the JIRA automation module.

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy Mooiman

Suggest an answer