'access. access is required.' message for admins with full access

Mary Teierle September 7, 2016

We have a separate project with basic workflow, default permissions and default schemes where in the last 2 days have not been able to create anything new for the entire project. I have granted complete access for anyone in admin role. I have myself in there directly and cannot create any issue types. The one issue type is only three fields and have been filled in before hitting create. There are no conditions in the workflow. I can update existing issues but cannot create new ones. See attached screenshots, am I missing something?image2016-9-7 9:59:5.png

image2016-9-7 10:2:15.png

image2016-9-7 10:2:38.png

image2016-9-7 10:3:32.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2016

You have a field called "access" that is not on the create issue screen, but is flagged as mandatory in the field configuration.  You'll need to add it to the screen, make it optional, or remove it from the project (Best option is probably a new field configuration where it's optional)

I can update and clone issues and even change the issue type and it saves.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2016

The issues you are cloning from will have had the field filled in, so the clone process copies it.

Wow I was way overlooking this, thank you!! smile

Suggest an answer