a description needed for monthly report

Uwe Speckels November 21, 2019

My question is still open!! Is there noone who can give me a hint?

question:   the project leader has to describe the status of his project every month. He can't do it with the comment column because everyone give up statements in this column. It has to be a separate column. But which one?

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi community,

I want to manage our different projects in Jira. I added different usefull fields e.g. project data, involved department, description, involved development Teams, Budget figures and so on. There exists also the possibility to add lots of comments under activity. I think this is a normal part.

When the project was created the project leader has to write a project status in every month so long as the project is valid. It is another type of comment.

How can I create/build this? Which type of field could it be? The field must have a date and a description field because it my not be that a month has no decription. Otherwise I have to warn the project leader.

Who can help me or have ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Uwe Speckels December 30, 2019

Hello Evan,

sorry, I think there is a misunderstanding. I want to build it up with JIRA syntax/tables. Isn't it possible?

I'm new in configuring jira screens. May I show you what I mean with the added photo?monthly report comment.JPG

Best
Uwe

0 votes
Evan Golden {VisualScript}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 9, 2019

Hello Uwe,

You can use the VisualScript for Jira marketplace add-on to do this.

WIth all of your custom fields, you can create a report, or series of reports to represent that monthly report in a Jira dashboard.

For example a custom report in a gadget can show the department, description, and budget figures fields of work items.  The relationship of all of these data points can be represented in any way that is needed for you.

FYI I work on the product team for VisualScript for Jira.

Best

Evan

Suggest an answer