Zephyr: test execution-status not to be shown in test cycle summary

Werner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2013

We made a new status in the test executions, but we don't want this new status to be shown in the percentage shown on the Test Cycle Summary.

Is it possible to filter this status so that it is not considered?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2013

Hi Werner,

Well this sounds like a great feature request. At this point it can't be done, but as you presented a valid use case I'll share this with our dev team.

However I have one important question. What do you do with testcases that have that status? For example, when I mouse over a cycle I see my selection as a percentage of the total set. What do we do with the missing data? Only offer percentages up to a subtotal?

Kind Regards,
Chris

Werner
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2013

Hi Chris,

thanks for the info.

Here the answer to your questions from our testers:

Since those tests are not relevant for this test cycle I wouldn’t need any info.

Why we would like to keep those test cases (although they are not relevant in the current test cycle) is that we can simply copy any test cycle (via add tests from another test cycle) and don’t have to think about which test cycle contains all the tests we need for a future version.

Moreover keeping all tests in each test cycle and only marking them as not applicable documents that we thought about which tests are applicable and didn’t only forget to include the rest.

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2013

Hi Warner,

In this use case you can get what you want via another work method.

Save an issue search for "All Testcases for a specific Cycle" or a subset of testcases for a particular scenario. Then when adding testcases to your cycle, use the "Via Search Filter" Function and then you'll get all the testcases that meet your search criteria.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Suggest an answer