Zephyr for JIRA Cloud - Finding out Test cases that are part of Test Execution

Sharad Sharma November 22, 2015

This is my scenario.

I have added say 100 test cases in a test cycle and I can view the execution status of those test cases by creating Execution Filters.

However, if someone from my team adds another 5-10 test cases and forgets to add them in a test cycle, this will be a test escape as we will forget to execute those test cases.

Is there an easy way of identifying test cases that are not part of test cycle(s)?

Currently, I have to go to Test - Search Tests, click on the test case and view whether they are part of Test Cycle manually and it is very time consuming and errorneous.

2 answers

0 votes
Sharad Sharma November 23, 2015

@Brian Ross Look at attached snapshots. The test case was executed in one of the Test Cycle, however the Testing Status says Not Started. Is the Testing Status field linked to Test case Execution Status?

0 votes
Brian Ross November 23, 2015

You can try to go about this a different way.

Add "Testing Status" to your search columns, then so a search for "Not Started". (assuming no one executed the test cases yet).

If you need to narrow it down, you can append a search criteria to search for "Reporter" (as in the person that added the test cases)

If that doesn't narrow it down, you should be able to sort your results by "Create date" (only if you know when the test cases were added).

Good luck.

Suggest an answer