Zephyr VS Adaptavist Test management tool in JIRA Edited

Can some one share me the Pros and Cons of Zephyr VS Adaptavist Test management tool.

2 answers

2 votes
Micky Caritte Community Champion Dec 07, 2017

Hi,

The plugins are quite different and bringing different features in different look and feels. In my opinion the best approach would be to test both in a dev environment and onboard your testing teams to get their feedback on what's most convenient for them to use.

Pricing might also be a different approach if your budget is limited.

I can tell you that both are well known plugins in the market and are well maintained.

In addition, I don,t want to add more confusion, but there's Xray which is well known and widely used if you want to look at it as well!

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Thanks for reply

can u list me Pros and Cons of both ones which will be easy for me to get through.

I will have to choose one between Zephyr and Adaptavist Test management tool for JIRA

1 votes

I am obviously heavily biased here, because I work for Adaptavist.  I have used both Zephyr and ATM in the past, and continue to use ATM with some clients.

Mickey is completely right about the approach - it doesn't matter how much I were to tell you "ATM is the best", that would not really help you decide.  You need to look for yourself - which product fits your desired processes and reporting best?

I would evaluate all the big names in the Testing category for Jira to find the closest match.

And now, the Adaptavist ATM spiel.  There is one big difference between ATM and most of the other test case managers.  ATM does not try to use Jira issues to hold test cases directly.  This has freed up the developers to work outside the limits of issues, giving them the freedom to do some stuff Zephyr does not do, including

• Heirarchical test case folders
  • Shared steps
  • Versioning of test cases
  • Test case parameterisation
  • Advanced traceability between cases, requirements, plans and runs
  • A dedicated REST API

I am sure one of our sales people will tell me off for missing things off that list.

thanks for the reply.

I have worked in both Zephyr and ATM, and hopefully we will decide one.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,129 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot